Apply for job #1146
The Business System Analyst 1 primary objective is helping businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of the business, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. Define and analyze system problems, and design testing standards and solutions. Reviews and analyzes business systems and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems solutions aligned to overall business strategies while ensure high levels of performance and security. S/He is responsible to enforce and document new development methodologies and codification standards. Oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of specific term project and deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Business System Analyst 1 implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing, analyzing, and prioritizing business and systems requirements, and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
• Master business process modeling, traceability and quality management techniques; apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
• Determine and document user requirements for business processes, ensures sign-off, and abide by those requirements for current and future projects. Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to developers and then follow-up on results.
• Assist users with the business cases, planning and monitoring; evaluating and documenting business processes; formulating, eliciting, organizing, translating, simplifying, managing, analyzing and communicating their requirements using a variety of guidelines and techniques .
• Facilitates issues identification and coordinate their resolution; implement root causes investigation, as well as corrective and preventive actions; researching and benchmarking business and industry trends and best practices; ensuring proper documentation.
• Can take charge of projects and/or system changes and deliver results that will make the organization more productive, efficient and/or profitable. S/he may works on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business needs into manageable information that improves business processes. Gather important company data and compile it into reports shareholders and departmental managers can use. Understands project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, budget and timelines.
• Implement a comprehensive stakeholders communication management plan and hold regular stakeholders meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress.
• Create direct channels of communication to BTS personnel and application developers that get the job done with minimal or no managerial interjection. Create a culture of collaboration between BTS and Business teams to drive quality, transparency and reuse; influencing behavior change in others.
• Develop comprehensive test plans and end-to-end test cases at the application and multi-application levels.
• Implements business requirements by defining and analyzing system requirements and problems; conceptual design of new and existing systems; establishing specifications for new and existing applications; design entity relationships and database modeling; solutions and testing standards; evaluating and designing alternative workflow solutions; document interfaces between systems.
• Ensures proper system operation by training users and developers, writing user guides and reference documentation, and providing support.
• Business System Analyst 1 is required to assess and validate the business and systems activities to determine if a solution fulfill the requirements. Use sophisticated methods, metrics and tools to achieve the business benefits and corporate goals. Ensure deadline and budget requirements are met.
• Maximize the utilization of information and associated technologies within the organization by working with BTS management in the formulation of continuous improvement strategy; provide leadership to meet and/or improve key performance indicators; streamlining, simplifying and eliminating non-value added processes or steps in the processes; displaying leadership on increasing productivity and quality while reducing costs; applying business sense while achieving results.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeping business information confidential; maintain up to date knowledge in business processes, the applicable laws, regulations and internal/external standards for the industry; ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Provides technical information required in the preparation of annual budgets. Prepares periodic written reports and presentations. Training and mentoring personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field with emphasis in software solutions, analysis and design
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in associated work experience, with leadership responsibilities
• Detailed analytical abilities and strong experience in user testing
• Strong workable understanding of project management
• Must have advanced oral and written communication skills and experience, including analysis, preparation and report presentation
• Must have ability to communicate, motivate, and work under deadline pressure
• Strong workable knowledge of software development required; knowledge of structured programming techniques, networking and database methodologies preferred.
• Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis, business case development, modeling techniques and methods, understading of Agile methodology and SOA design
• Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Application and Tools
Visual Studio 2003, Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Visio
n-tier, SOA, distributed
VB.Net, C#, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Windows
Oracle , SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access
Windows XP, 2000, 2003
ASP.Net, HTML, XML, ASP, VBScript
Agile, MSF, UML,